An evergreen Camellia shrub, closely related to Camellia sasanqua. It has small, bright green foliage, complimented by beautiful, larg, semi-double deep rose to red coloured flowers in Autumn and Winter. An ideal plant for screens, hedging, large containers and to espalier.
Features and care:
- Sunny or partly shaded position
- Prefers well drained, slightly acidic soil; avoid lime
- Keep moist in hot, dry weather
- Mulch with organic matter to keep roots cool, but keep mulch away from the trunk
- Protect from strong winds
- Grows 4m H x 2m W